Monday 18 May 2015

Free Comic Book Day 2015

Hey Guys!

I know it's been a minute but so much stuff has been happening so I couldn't update this blog until the long weekend (Happy Victoria Day BTW!). I decided I'd celebrate by finally updating this blog and filling you guys in on what's going on, as well as, set my Twitch account back up so I can start streaming some games again (probably Street Fighter).


So on Saturday May 2nd I was out all day because everyone decided to throw an event at the same day but at different times. Let's start with the morning and that would be:


Free Comic Book Day
A couple of friends and I decided to go to Free Comic book day and our first stop was a comic shop called Stadium Comics in Shoppers World. There was a long line but it was good to see this event gaining so much popularity. The guys that throw the event did an awesome job and had more then just free comics! There were also great deals in-store and they had an artist section where you could meet comic artist and talk to them about whatever you want (or buy one of their prints if you wanted). I bought this Cammy statue (had to support that Street Fighter):


I also got The New 52 Zero Omnibus which was on sale for 40 dollars!


We got a total of 5 free comics from there and decided to head to the Comic Warehouse and see if we could score some more comics that we didn't get. When we got there at around 1-2 PM, it seemed like the rush had died down and most of the popular free comics were gone. Fortunately, they still had a good selection and we were allowed to take one of each of the remaining comics (so about 8?), They also had a sale where all the dollar comics were 50 cents each so I picked up about 40 comics from there. Some of my favourite picks from were:






















I didn't know Double Dragon had a comic book so I had to pick that up (did the same thing when I found out it had a movie...wasn't the best decision but its Double Dragon!). I also picked up the JSA vs Kobra because I didn't know about that crossover and it sounded intriguing. I purchased the Deadly Hands comic because the cover looked groovy and for 50 cents I was down to find out what it's about. Lastly I got that Generation X comic because I'm a fan of Howard the Duck (yes even after the movie, I'm still a fan of Deadpool after Wolverine Origins aswell).




I also bought a bunch of X-men comics and I saved the best finds for last...



 The Obama comics! (lol why does this exist? I had to get them just because I find it funny that this is real). Now it's time to show you why we went to this event in the first place...

The Free Comics!


Luckily I was able to get all the comics I wanted (Street Fighter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, TMNT, Attack on Titan and Hip-Hop Family Tree). Surprisingly, my friend that went to a Burlington comic shop was only able to get 1 free comic which is odd as most places give you 5. If you live close to Stadium Comics and the Comic Warehouse in Brampton then I highly recommend those places. After this event we went to the Sportscard & Memorabilia Expo in Mississauga. I will cover that one in my next blog post which will be up soon! (maybe in a couple hours, didn't want this blog post to be too long). Also check out my Instagram if you want to see the events I go to:

My Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment